× Members

PIP evidence

More
7 years 5 months ago #172924 by rj
PIP evidence was created by rj
Hi Folks,
I'm on DLA (indefinite). I have not yet been contacted by DWP regarding claiming PIP, but with the fantastic help of B&W guides I have already started preparing and gathering together my evidence (Consultant letters/reports etc). Some of my evidence is quite recent (last couple of years), but some extremely relevant evidence is several years old (Occupational Therapist report etc).
However; yesterday I was looking through a gov.uk PIP myth buster info sheet from 2015 I think, and it says that evidence submitted should 'not be more than 2 years old'. I really hope that is not the case, as that would dismiss valuable evidence. Please would it be possible for someone clarify the situation for me. Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172946 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP evidence

bengal wrote: Hi Folks,
I'm on DLA (indefinite). I have not yet been contacted by DWP regarding claiming PIP, but with the fantastic help of B&W guides I have already started preparing and gathering together my evidence (Consultant letters/reports etc). Some of my evidence is quite recent (last couple of years), but some extremely relevant evidence is several years old (Occupational Therapist report etc).
However; yesterday I was looking through a gov.uk PIP myth buster info sheet from 2015 I think, and it says that evidence submitted should 'not be more than 2 years old'. I really hope that is not the case, as that would dismiss valuable evidence. Please would it be possible for someone clarify the situation for me. Many thanks.

It's your claim and you get to choose what evidence you supply or not!

However, as a general rule the DWP will pay less attention to evidence that is more than two years old than that which is newer but this depends on the nature of the evidence, for example a letter with a diagnosis on can be quite old. Also, letters for conditions that are not likely to change with time or treatment or will even deteriorate over time should always be considered as they will still; have relevance to today, if only as lace holders of how you were.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: rj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.