× Members

ESA Tribunal

More
7 years 5 months ago #173014 by abeer
ESA Tribunal was created by abeer
My 63 yr old husband has been unable to attend re-assessment appointments due to ill health and being on dialysis 3 times a week. After providing all relevant proof the DWP have refused to reinstate his benefit. Now he must go to appeal. I was wondering if anyone has any advice or point us in the right direction. thks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #173015 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Tribunal

bubbles wrote: My 63 yr old husband has been unable to attend re-assessment appointments due to ill health and being on dialysis 3 times a week. After providing all relevant proof the DWP have refused to reinstate his benefit. Now he must go to appeal. I was wondering if anyone has any advice or point us in the right direction. thks

This will be an Administrative appeal and can only consider the circumstances of his not attending.

Did you ask for a home assessment? It may help your case if you did and it was refused.

You say he was ill on the day of an appointment, did he see his GP on that day? If he did would they be prepared to write in confirmation of how ill he was.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #173020 by abeer
Replied by abeer on topic ESA Tribunal
yes my husband requested a home visit and they refused. We provided medical evidence from his GP confirming his dialysis appointments..... actualy his GP faxed a letter. At that time he was poorly because he had problems with the dialysis and other issues.

More
7 years 5 months ago #173022 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Tribunal

bubbles wrote: yes my husband requested a home visit and they refused. We provided medical evidence from his GP confirming his dialysis appointments..... actualy his GP faxed a letter. At that time he was poorly because he had problems with the dialysis and other issues.

All you can do is explain how he was on the days of the assessments and why that prevented him from attending.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #173023 by abeer
Replied by abeer on topic ESA Tribunal
I would just like to clarify that my husband has not been told by DWP to appeal ......he received a mandatory reconsideration decision stating their decision to stop his benefit is final. He is obviously very upset. Would appreciate any advice or if any other members have faced similar circumstances. Thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.