× Members

PIP mobility enhanced rate

More
7 years 5 months ago #173224 by myce26
PIP mobility enhanced rate was created by myce26
Hello
I really need to some help with the mobility question please.
I am housebound, usually bedbound, with ME and RA. I think I meet the under 20 metres criterea, and so the enhanced rate of mobility.
On the rare accasion, about once a month, my husband takes me out in the car and I might walk between 100 - 250 metres. I always suffer delayed and increased symptoms as a result of this.
My question is would I automatically be ruled out from receiving any mobility award whatsoever, or would it be considered that because I walk 100 - 250 metres so rarely it would be classed as not doing it safely or reliablyble, and therefore meet the enhanced rate?.
I'd really appreciate any help you might give.
M :whistle: any thanks for your superb site, and all your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #173240 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP mobility enhanced rate

myce26 wrote: Hello
I really need to some help with the mobility question please.
I am housebound, usually bedbound, with ME and RA. I think I meet the under 20 metres criterea, and so the enhanced rate of mobility.
On the rare accasion, about once a month, my husband takes me out in the car and I might walk between 100 - 250 metres. I always suffer delayed and increased symptoms as a result of this.
My question is would I automatically be ruled out from receiving any mobility award whatsoever, or would it be considered that because I walk 100 - 250 metres so rarely it would be classed as not doing it safely or reliablyble, and therefore meet the enhanced rate?.
I'd really appreciate any help you might give.
M :whistle: any thanks for your superb site, and all your help.

I think you are tackling this from the wrong end although those assessing you may want to look at what you can do, you need to explain what you can do "reliably" and "on the majority of days" and why you cannot walk further than this.

You are not required to walk without pain but pain that limits the distance that you can walk should be considered.

If you are in severe pain when you walk then you can argue that you are not walking to a necessary standard.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: myce26

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.