× Members

DLA to PIP

More
7 years 5 months ago #173331 by george42
DLA to PIP was created by george42
Hi there I have made the initial phone call and I have received the forms to fill in.

My question is; Do I have to let the DWP know that I don't want to claim and withdraw my application. Or do they just stop your DLA payments if they don't receive my forms back by the due date.
I do not have the energy anymore to argue my case every year. All my years in the forces I have never gave in but every time I glance at these forms I panic. Enough is enough.

Thanks for helping me out over the last few years your website and information have been great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #173334 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP

george42 wrote: Hi there I have made the initial phone call and I have received the forms to fill in.

My question is; Do I have to let the DWP know that I don't want to claim and withdraw my application. Or do they just stop your DLA payments if they don't receive my forms back by the due date.
I do not have the energy anymore to argue my case every year. All my years in the forces I have never gave in but every time I glance at these forms I panic. Enough is enough.

Thanks for helping me out over the last few years your website and information have been great.

Obviously it's up to you and I understand your issues.

If you return the form (maybe in time for the required date), even if it is blank then you claim sill continue, you can then make a decision on whether to attend a face to face or not.

If you do not return the form then you claim will end on the day that you were due to return it.

If you cancel the claim then it will stop from that date.

In all cases your DLA will continue in payment for a further four weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #173338 by george42
Replied by george42 on topic DLA to PIP
Thank you Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.