× Members

long overdue reassessment esa

More
7 years 6 months ago #173351 by carole
long overdue reassessment esa was created by carole
i was assessed for ESA in 2012, i was transfered from IB the process started April 2012. I was placed in the support group without a ftf. I have heard nothing since, still receiving correct monies and looking through my paperwork i did not receive annual upgrading letter this year.

Not complaining and i couldnt bring myself to ring but this does seem an awful long time, is this usual as i read other people are reassessed on a much more frequent basis.

many thanks and thank you for all you do

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #173369 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic long overdue reassessment esa

carole wrote: i was assessed for ESA in 2012, i was transfered from IB the process started April 2012. I was placed in the support group without a ftf. I have heard nothing since, still receiving correct monies and looking through my paperwork i did not receive annual upgrading letter this year.

Not complaining and i couldnt bring myself to ring but this does seem an awful long time, is this usual as i read other people are reassessed on a much more frequent basis.

many thanks and thank you for all you do

The normal maximum period between assessments for members of the SG is three years, there were considerable delays in the system due to the DWP pushing too many claimants through the system in 2014 to 2015, as a result many reassessments were deferred for two years and it is possible that yours was one of these claims.

It is also possible that your claim has been reassessed without you being informed, it is rare for this to happen but some claimants will meet the criteria for this to happen. You should have been informed of the Decision if this happened, but it's not unusual for the DWP to muck this up or for you to have not realised that you had received a Decision Letter.

It's also possible that a reassessment is pending!

There's no obligation for you to contact the DWP and as long as you are happy that you are receiving post from the DWP without problem and your ESA remains in payment, it would be OK for you to leave it if you wish.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: duckduckdo

More
7 years 6 months ago #173375 by carole
Replied by carole on topic long overdue reassessment esa
Thank you for your sound advice/view Gordon. I wont contact them its just the daily dread of the postman its such a strain at times.

Thank you for all you do

More
7 years 6 months ago #173421 by Rosa
Replied by Rosa on topic long overdue reassessment esa
My award for ESA Support Group was supposed to end in June 2014, but absolutely nothing has changed and I don't receive annual letters anymore either - although I think this can sometimes be the case when the government freeze benefit rates, as they recently have done, since there's no increase for the DWP to tell you about.

My award was supposed to be for 1 year meaning it began in June 2013. Interestingly, I never had a face-to-face assessment because it was cancelled without a reason being given before I could attend, and the same thing happened with my form - the deadline wasn't up and I hadn't sent it yet, when they suddenly cancelled everything and just awarded me SG. No explanation, very weird; gathering what I could from the news section of this website, I assumed the backlog was so great that they hastily bundled some longterm claimants into the SG and indefinitely postponed their reassessments. This appears to have remained the case, though some friends of mine who were awarded SG at around the same time as me have recently been reassessed, so I fear that the dreaded brown envelope may be imminent. The way I try to look at it is, at least I've had almost 3 1/2 years and counting on an income that I can *just* scrape by on, which is more than can be said for many other people (or myself in the past).

Just wanted to let you that you're not alone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: carole, duckduckdo

More
7 years 6 months ago #173541 by Summerbeth
Replied by Summerbeth on topic long overdue reassessment esa
I'm in the same position too. I was moved from Incapacity Benefit to ESA without an assessment at the end of 2012. I wasn't told how long for, and have certainly been expecting a re-assessment this year, but have had no letters/contact at all from the DWP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: carole

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.