× Members

Implications for dropping ESA claim

More
7 years 5 months ago #174702 by Laura G
Implications for dropping ESA claim was created by Laura G
Hello,

The stage I am at: I made an initial telephone call last week to claim ESA and gave a lot of details over the phone. I have now received a Customer Statement in the post which I have to review and phone them with any incorrect or missing info. I have not yet filled in the ESA50 questionnaire. Having looked into it more since that initial call I know I do not qualify for contribution based ESA and I do not believe I will qualify for income based ESA as I have over £6000 worth of savings. What are the implications if they find me ineligible because I have too much in savings? as in, if I lived on my savings and they ran out (which of course they will) when can I apply again and would a subsequent application be treated with prejudice because of the original one? or would there be a time period in which I would not be allowed to make another claim? Would it be better for me to drop this initial claim before I clarify my Customer Statement and again would there be a time frame in which I would not be able to make another claim? Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #174717 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Implications for dropping ESA claim
Laura

You can have up to £16,0000 in savings and assets for ESA. See

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris