× Members

P.I.P assessment

More
7 years 9 months ago #176373 by Tracy
P.I.P assessment was created by Tracy
I have a P.I.P assessment on Tuesday 13th with Atos. I'm have told them I want to record it. I read on the Atos website you have to sign an agreement about taping the assessment. I'm wondering what the agreement says and if it will still be worth recording the assessment if I have to sign away any use of the tape. I would appreciate any other advice to help me through the assessment please. My disability is phocomelia (under development of all limbs) which also means I'm only 4 ft tall. I have a left leg prosthesis. Even though I have severe disability and am on DLA high rate mobility, middle rate care I am very independent and I'm worried this will go against me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #176374 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic P.I.P assessment

Tracy wrote: I have a P.I.P assessment on Tuesday 13th with Atos. I'm have told them I want to record it. I read on the Atos website you have to sign an agreement about taping the assessment. I'm wondering what the agreement says and if it will still be worth recording the assessment if I have to sign away any use of the tape. I would appreciate any other advice to help me through the assessment please. My disability is phocomelia (under development of all limbs) which also means I'm only 4 ft tall. I have a left leg prosthesis. Even though I have severe disability and am on DLA high rate mobility, middle rate care I am very independent and I'm worried this will go against me.

You need written permission in advance to record a PIP assessment, it may now be to late for this to be given for the current appointment. If this was your first appointment then it should be OK to re-arrange for a later date where it can be recorded, however, if it is a second appointment then you should only re-arrange if ATOS offer you the opportunity or you risk your claim being closed for refusing to attend,

To record your assessment you will need to provide to recording devices capable of recording directly to tape cassette or CD, digital recordings are not allowed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #176376 by Tracy
Replied by Tracy on topic P.I.P assessment
I was told they were emailing the relevant people that I wanted to record the assessment and they would call me if that was a problem and if I didn't hear from them it would be ok.

I have 2 small Walkman tape recorders thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 9 months ago #176383 by Tracy
Replied by Tracy on topic P.I.P assessment
I've just phoned Atos to check they know I want to record and they said yes that's fine and asked if I have the right equipment and said I would just need to sign to say I would leave a copy for them. They said they would put a note to say I phoned today. So hopefully that will be sufficient but for anyone else I would say getting it in writing is a good idea if there's time, but they don't tell you that you need to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.