× Members

Pip initial phonecall

More
7 years 3 months ago #178211 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip initial phonecall

madmanx wrote: Thanks Gordon, can I ask one question about pip form, q6 washing and bathing, I have severe o.c.d so it takes me a long time to wash, I have written about it in the extra information, but I'm confused and about q6b where it asks u if u need help from another person to wash and bathe? I can wash myself without anybody's help but take a long time to do it so do I tick no? Or is it yes? Guides don't tell me?

If you do not need help to wash then you should answer accordingly, turning the question around slightly, if prompting or assistance would help to shorten or remove your rituals then you need to cover this in your answer, conversely, if they would not help then you should explain this as well to avoid any assumptions being made by those assessing you.

Make sure that you make reference to "in a timely manner" and also "to a necessary and appropriate standard".

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #182433 by madmanx
Replied by madmanx on topic Pip initial phonecall
Hi, I sent forms back in middle of January, today i got a txt
from atos saying they have appointments in my area over next 7 days if I want to call them, so I have a couple of questions.

As I received this txt does that mean I'm going to have to have a ftf?

And secondly if I don't ring them will they send me out an appointment anyway? Any help be appreciated..

More
7 years 2 months ago #182450 by Gordon

madmanx wrote: Hi, I sent forms back in middle of January, today i got a txt
from atos saying they have appointments in my area over next 7 days if I want to call them, so I have a couple of questions.

As I received this txt does that mean I'm going to have to have a ftf?

And secondly if I don't ring them will they send me out an appointment anyway? Any help be appreciated..

They are trawling to fill short notice appointments, you do not have to accept one of these unless you wish to, you are legally entitled to seven day written notice of an appointment.

I'm afraid it does mean that they need to do a face to face.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #182455 by madmanx
Thanks Gordon, I thought as I hadn't heard anything that they may of done a paper assement, oh well :( , if I rang them will they know if the medical evidence I sent in was received? I sent psychiatrist letters, gp report, esa report etc, I wonder if it was actually read?

More
7 years 2 months ago #182464 by Gordon

madmanx wrote: Thanks Gordon, I thought as I hadn't heard anything that they may of done a paper assement, oh well :( , if I rang them will they know if the medical evidence I sent in was received? I sent psychiatrist letters, gp report, esa report etc, I wonder if it was actually read?

They may be able to tell you what they received from the DWP.

Gordon

More
7 years 1 month ago #185549 by madmanx
Hi a quick update, after having a f2f on the 8th of March I got a letter today dated 18th of March, I have awarded pip standard daily living till 2020, but didn't get mobility, was awarded the standard 4 points that everybody seems to get.

I'm quite happy with result but a little annoyed I only got 4 points for mobility as i need somebody with me to go to unfamiliar places due to mental health conditions.

A couple of questions, is it hard to get awarded mobility if u have mental health problems? It seems its hard to, I was awarded it on dla for needing somebody with me to go to unfamiliar places so don't know why I didn't get it this time, I read something about dwp changing rules but didn't understand it properly? I know I can't get enhanced mobiility and would of been happy with standard mobility but I'm unsure if I should ask for a mandatory consideration and all that extra stress for like extra 20 pounds a week, plus i was only given 8 points for daily living so if I was to appeal I might lose the daily living. So may be be happy with what I've got, just wondered if it's hard now to get mobility component on mental health grounds?

Also one other question do u need to apply for the severe disability premium or do dwp send u a form?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.