× Members

pip mandatory consideration

More
7 years 3 months ago #179601 by Molly
pip mandatory consideration was created by Molly
Hi
I have just been refused pip after my assessment,I have the assessors report and want to do a mandatory appeal but am finding the amount of information too much for me to take in from the help guides..I went to my gp yesterday and I said I would get the descripters and tell her which I thought I should have got and which I think apply to me,what I wanted to know is am I able to copy things like the parts where you state reliably and you should not be considered to be able to do something if it exhausts you as meeting the criteria for my gp,I just cant think straight,I have chronic fatigue and depression and have been trying all day to read things but I,m getting all mixed up in my head

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #179605 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip mandatory consideration
Molly

If it will help there is a new document called PIP GP Notes in the PIP section that has the PIP Descriptors listed for each activity, you could give your GP this and a copy of your PIP2, so they can see what you wrote and then can make their own comments on the Notes.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 3 months ago #179628 by Molly
Replied by Molly on topic pip mandatory consideration
Hi,yes I have looked at that but what I mean is can I actually state to her The DWP guidance also states that ‘pain, fatigue, breathlessness, nausea and motivation’ are ‘key factors’ in deciding whether an activity can be done reliably.In the gp note it does,nt say this,what I am trying to do is show her the criteria that has to be met sorry I,m not good at explaining things but cant think of another way to explain to you.

More
7 years 3 months ago #179634 by littlenell11
Replied by littlenell11 on topic pip mandatory consideration
Hi Gordon,

Cant find PIP GP Notes you mentioned, I think I must be going mad! Is it in the actual guide or the page with the PIP descriptors? Apologies for pestering, but would be grateful if you can help me.

many thanks

More
7 years 3 months ago #179641 by Gordon

Molly wrote: Hi,yes I have looked at that but what I mean is can I actually state to her The DWP guidance also states that ‘pain, fatigue, breathlessness, nausea and motivation’ are ‘key factors’ in deciding whether an activity can be done reliably.In the gp note it does,nt say this,what I am trying to do is show her the criteria that has to be met sorry I,m not good at explaining things but cant think of another way to explain to you.

You can tell your GP whatever you think is appropriate to your claim, the only thing to be careful of is your not telling them what to write as this can lead to their comments being disregarded.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Molly

More
7 years 3 months ago #179642 by Gordon

littlenell11 wrote: Hi Gordon,

Cant find PIP GP Notes you mentioned, I think I must be going mad! Is it in the actual guide or the page with the PIP descriptors? Apologies for pestering, but would be grateful if you can help me.

many thanks

It's on the PIP page at the bottom of PIP Resources

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: littlenell11

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris