× Members

Medical evidence up to date.

More
7 years 2 months ago #179995 by Orangeblossom
Medical evidence up to date. was created by Orangeblossom
With the new PIP reassessment forms I was reading about how important it is to include any evidence.

I have a care plan and GPs are supposed to review it every year or so, they don't though. My PIP may be renewed next year.

I wonder if it will still be taken into account, I do still use it but it is dated when it was first done which was in 2015. Will they think it isn't relevant?

I could include recent prescriptions of the meds used which are issued every three months. Do think it is also a good idea to have the GPs review the care plan- I wonder if they;d issue a new one with a new date on.

I don't like bothering them as they are so busy :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #180004 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medical evidence up to date.
Orangeblossom

A Care Plan can be supportive of a PIP claim, the fact that it is old may not be an issue if your conditions have not changed in the interim.

You can certainly speak to your GP about updating the Plan, but I would have though that this would be done by your local Social Services department rather than your doctor.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

More
7 years 2 months ago #180035 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Medical evidence up to date.
Thanks!

It was the GP who suggested and did it with me Gordon, it's a new thing I think. I'll show you what they did here. (an example).

www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/.../av-ad-temp-care-plan.docx

They said it is mainly to try and prevent hospital admissions where there maybe a possibility the patient can manage this at home with family support.

As the physical condition is long term and the consultants have said just need to live with it and can't do any more, I suppose they will understand it. They have in the past.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.