× Members

Unhappy with pip decision - as I understand it

More
7 years 2 months ago #180028 by David
If you don't recieve the decision you wanted, firstly you know your needs best so can you show and justify the descriptors that you realistical think should apply.
If so, do you want the relatively small trauma of asking for a MR, with the poosibility of down grading your existing award ?
Having asked for a MR, the likely hood is that nothing will be changed. Now you have to decide if your case is strong enough to appeal to a tribunal, with all the added stress this can cause.
If you go to tribunal and are sucessful, when you are due for renewal, you will have to complete a new PIP 2 and possible f2f
If you are unsucessful at tribunal and still feel that the decision is wrong, you have the opportunity to start a fresh PIP claim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #180048 by Gordon

David wrote: If you don't recieve the decision you wanted, firstly you know your needs best so can you show and justify the descriptors that you realistical think should apply.
If so, do you want the relatively small trauma of asking for a MR, with the poosibility of down grading your existing award ?
Having asked for a MR, the likely hood is that nothing will be changed. Now you have to decide if your case is strong enough to appeal to a tribunal, with all the added stress this can cause.
If you go to tribunal and are sucessful, when you are due for renewal, you will have to complete a new PIP 2 and possible f2f
If you are unsucessful at tribunal and still feel that the decision is wrong, you have the opportunity to start a fresh PIP claim

Pretty much

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #180076 by Sully32
I'm a little confused I had to go to appeal for my pip and was successful but you say that if like me you are succesful when its time for renewal you have got to complete a new pip2 my award ends November 2017 and Ive had to complete an ar1 form ?

More
7 years 2 months ago #180103 by slugsta

sully32 wrote: I'm a little confused I had to go to appeal for my pip and was successful but you say that if like me you are succesful when its time for renewal you have got to complete a new pip2 my award ends November 2017 and Ive had to complete an ar1 form ?

That puts paid to that theory then! There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason as to which method is being used to reassess claimants.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #180110 by Gordon

sully32 wrote: I'm a little confused I had to go to appeal for my pip and was successful but you say that if like me you are succesful when its time for renewal you have got to complete a new pip2 my award ends November 2017 and Ive had to complete an ar1 form ?

We have seen both forms issued when the claimant has had a Tribunal, it could be that it is related to how long ago the Tribunal decision was made, it's also possible that it is down to whether the DWP agreed with the Decision.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sully32

More
7 years 2 months ago #180111 by Sully32
Yes you are right there they :evil: DWP seem to do want they want to I don't think that there is any rhyme or reason in anything they do :(

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.