× Members

Pip Question - Going out

More
7 years 2 months ago #180077 by ricie1964
Pip Question - Going out was created by ricie1964
Please could someone kindly advise? Pip question -- going out...is this entirely sensory/anxiety based and especially the bit about public transport..buses/trains. For example I can't use a bus or train unassisted due to balance problems. and getting to my seat quick enough without falling, etc.
Also could urge incontinence (bladder) and it's anxiety about finding a suitable toilet be argued for the unfamiliar route bit?

TIA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #180104 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip Question - Going out
Hi ricie,

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Yes, the 'going out' question relates to cognitive, sensory and/or mental health problems. Physical issues are address in the next question.

You can certainly argue that anxiety about your bladder problems causes you an issue, you have nothing to lose by doing so. However, I think you have little chance of success unless you actually have a diagnosis of anxiety (and, even then, the criteria is way higher than simply 'anxiety').

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your PIP without having to start a new topic each time. We ask members to keep everything relating to the same claim in one topic as it helps us enormously - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 2 months ago #180228 by ricie1964
Replied by ricie1964 on topic Pip Question - Going out
Many thanks for your reply.

I do have diagnosed general anxiety disorder (GAD) so i will add it in. As you say, there is nothing to lose.

The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.