× Members

tribunal adjourned

More
7 years 2 months ago #180082 by Petra Bate
tribunal adjourned was created by Petra Bate
I had my tribunal today but the judge adjourned the case saying that my case stating that as I suffered with nocturnal seizures I was not eligible to claim PIP.

However, he had evidence from my neurologist nurse saying that I suffered memory difficulties but was prepared to get a report from the Doctor with his opinion and see me again with the same panel present but also with the Secretary of State present at the next seating.

I was not prepared for this, as if he wanted to see a day time seizure I would just stop taking my medication.

How long is the usual time scale before this happens and does this sound a positive or negative suggestion from him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #180114 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic tribunal adjourned
P

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

The panel requesting your medical records is unusual but not that abnormal.

The issue with your seizures being nocturnal is likely to be your being able to show that they have an effect on your ability to complete the PIP activities.

This is important! Do you have an existing PIP award?

If you do, then you might want to think about whether you should continue with this appeal, the panel have to power to reduce or remove an existing award, although they should warn you if this is a possibility.

If you do not have an award then it's not an issue.

I would have a look at our PIP Claim guide to make sure you understand the criteria against which you are being assessed, In particular have a look at the use of "reliably" and "on the majority of days" as the implications of these terms may help you with your appeal.

If you have more questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Linda Spence

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.