× Members

Mobility - Following a familiar journey

More
7 years 2 months ago #180096 by bunnytent
Mobility - Following a familiar journey was created by bunnytent
From my village into town is a familiar journey, as my husband has been taking me for the past 3 years in the car, but if someone asked me to drive myself there, I would not be able to due to not only anxiety, but for some other reasons that I do not know - I just cant keep directions in my head, for instance my husband once dropped me in town, and I needed to find a particular shop, which we went over on the google map before hand, I had been to town plenty of times with my husband before, but once I got into town, on my own, I had to phone my husband and he had to stay on the phone while I walked to the exact location giving me exact directions as I walked - I'm not sure if I would score points for this, and how would I back it up. Another instance is that we went into town to go to my husbands PIP assessment, we parked in the next car park along to the assessment centre, which was about 5 mins walk, but my husband actually had to give me directions from the car, to the centre, even down to each footpath to take, what side of the road to take, each dropped curb etc - I had been to the centre before, again I dont know why I cant manage. Apart from anxiety/depression/bipolar that I have documented.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #180141 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mobility - Following a familiar journey
bunnytent

All you can do is explain the problems you have an include these examples.

Have you spoken to your GP about these problems, they may be able to confirm that are normal for your conditions or that additional investigations are needed?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #180158 by bunnytent
Replied by bunnytent on topic Mobility - Following a familiar journey
Thank you for replying - I have not told my GP because I feel stupid, I shall have to be brave.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.