× Members

PIP transfer and ESA troubles.

More
7 years 3 months ago #183389 by SarisChammah
Replied by SarisChammah on topic PIP transfer and ESA troubles.
A quick update. I finally wrote a letter to my GP to inform him of the serious trouble I am having and how it would affect me going to a work capability face-to-face assessment and that under no circumstances was I attending as it would not be safe me others and I. I gave the letter to him in person and he really couldn't have cared less about me.

I explained this was not the usual case of "if I go they might" or "what if I go" it is a case of I will not go. It has caused me great stress and serious panic attacks. I am currently on a long term prescription for Propantheline which is only meant to be for short term use. It affects cardiac functions causing a bradycardia transient to tachycardia which is making things much worse during panic attacks.

On Wednesday 1st March — the day of the assessment — I was very sick because I had heard nothing back from the DWP ASC about me telling them Ineould not attend. That day at midday I got a letter saying the assessment date had been cancelled. They always leave it to the last minute to send letters causing me unecessary stress and angst and the letters never explain what reason for cancellation. This is the third time I have had to go through this and I just wouldn't be surprise if they sent another assessment date.

It is only my opinion but I think they want to run me down waiting for me to just give up and not reply to letters and not turn up or they want me to turn up in a not medically suitable state.

I know the DWP ASC are meant to not require people to attend the assessment if that person is a danger but what process do they use to make that decision and if they do how will they inform me? Or will they inform me at all?

Thanks,

P.S. I have been offered help from an NHS case management worker for assisting me with my upcoming PIP claim and the current ESA claim but the person is meant to be the guy who helps elderly patients. Totally unsuitable but the only help I can find.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.