× Members

PIP and MR

More
7 years 2 months ago #183163 by ladypowys
PIP and MR was created by ladypowys
Good afternoon. I claimed PIP for 3 years and then had a letter to apply again. I did so and had a very young lady come to my home from Capita. Eventually, I was told that I had scored 3 points for mobility and 6 for daily living. I had my report from Capita posted through to me, and in it, it actually stated 'after the physical examination'......... I had no physical examination. Anyway I rang PIP / DWP and asked for a Mandatory reconsideration, and was told to get evidence of mental health problems etc etc. Within 2 days, I received a letter saying that the had looked at my application again and given it a MR. I still scored nothing. What bothers me is that how could they do this, when I hadn't even got time to get evidence together. Is this right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #183203 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP and MR

Glen wrote: Good afternoon. I claimed PIP for 3 years and then had a letter to apply again. I did so and had a very young lady come to my home from Capita. Eventually, I was told that I had scored 3 points for mobility and 6 for daily living. I had my report from Capita posted through to me, and in it, it actually stated 'after the physical examination'......... I had no physical examination. Anyway I rang PIP / DWP and asked for a Mandatory reconsideration, and was told to get evidence of mental health problems etc etc. Within 2 days, I received a letter saying that the had looked at my application again and given it a MR. I still scored nothing. What bothers me is that how could they do this, when I hadn't even got time to get evidence together. Is this right?

Did you tell them that you would be submitting additional evidence?

If you have received an MR Notice then you can now go to appeal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #183563 by ladypowys
Replied by ladypowys on topic PIP and MR
Is there a time scale from a MD and going to appeal ? I did say to the lady on the phone when I rang about the MR that I would be getting evidence together. Obviously, that bit of information didnt get through.

Would it be worth me applying again with a completely new claim?

More
7 years 2 months ago #183634 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP and MR

Glen wrote: Is there a time scale from a MD and going to appeal ? I did say to the lady on the phone when I rang about the MR that I would be getting evidence together. Obviously, that bit of information didnt get through.

Would it be worth me applying again with a completely new claim?

Best guess for an appeal is 3-4 months.

If you asked for time to submit evidence and weren't given it, they should have allowed four weeks, then you can push the DWP for a second MR, but unless your evidence is significant, then you may still get the same result.

I can't comment on whether a new claim would make sense, only you know why you made the claim and why it failed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.