× Members

medical evidence

More
7 years 2 months ago #183270 by debra
medical evidence was created by debra
Hello everyone.
Just wanted some advice about submitting medical evidence in preparation for the p.i.p medical assessment form which i am due to receive soon. I have fybromyalgia, chronic fatigue and severe spinal problems. I also suffer from depression,memory loss and confusion. My last medical a few years ago resulted in me having to go to tribunal.
Ths was a dreadful experience because the judge said to my face 'you have no evidence that you have fybromyalgia'. I broke down and cried and couldn't stop; the interview couldn't be carried on.
In hindsight I know I probably didn't submit enough medical evidence but I was severely depressed at the time and couldn't cope with the forms, or any of ithe process really and my daughter was also suffering with a severe mental illness at that time and had anorexia and o.c.d etc. So my focus was entirely on getting her well.
I am in a bad way with my spine at present and have begged for scans to no avail. I pay for accupuncture to help with pain and my mobility and have done for at least 4 years now. I am due to go to the pain clinic shortly. hope they can help. Those forms fill me with dread, they are like a test designed to make you fail and my mind goes blank when I read them. What sort of medical evidence do the ATOS people like to see? and how do I get it? Should I request it now in advance? My mind is very fatigued and I have busting headaches every day, I am very limited in what I can do. I cant cook a meal anymore because I cant stand for long enough. My daughter does everything for me. What is your advice.
Many thanks Debra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #183302 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic medical evidence
Debra

I would speak to your GP, from your post you need to provide a letter with a diagnosis from the NHS, you may already have one of these on your medical records, you GP can help you find it. If you do no have one then your GP can explain your options for a referral or whether they feel confident enough in the diagnosis themselves to write one for you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.