× Members

Zero points, hospital admission

More
7 years 2 months ago #183289 by RobF
Zero points, hospital admission was created by RobF
There are two main points here, I'm looking for advice on point 1 given point 2.

1. I had the F2F assessment for ESA a few weeks ago and I just heard I was given zero points. I remember thinking afterwards that she hadn't asked about walking, which is where I was expecting to get the points, but I thought maybe as I'd put the info on the form it wouldn't matter. She seemed so sympathetic!

2. The decision maker rang and told me that but before I had time to react she asked if there had been any changes. I said yes, I now have a date for hospital admission (knee replacement surgery). So she said send in the evidence and I'll get back to you when I've seen it, and it was left at that.

I get the impression that because the hospital admission is so close (three weeks) I might not be bumped onto JSA, but on the other hand I'm not going to get the enhanced rate of ESA which would have been backdated to the assessment if I'd had enough points. I'll almost certainly be going onto JSA after recovering from the op anyway, assuming it's successful, but that could take two to three months.

So I suppose what I really want to know is, is it worth the hassle of contesting the assessment result in this situation?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #183315 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Zero points, hospital admission
RobF

Have you actually had a Decision Letter?

If you have not then you need to wait for this to arrive, it is possible that the DM will revise the Decision in your favour.

Being in hospital means that you automatically have Limited Capability for Work which qualifies you for the WRAG, although they may reassess you within three months.

If you have received a Decision Letter, then your only way forward is to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, you can claim JSA, but your claim may not be accepted due to the operation as you need to accepted as Fit for Work.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: RobF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.