× Members

PIP descriptor applying if more than 50% of the ti

More
7 years 2 months ago #183456 by sam
Can anyone clarify what constitutes 'descriptor applying for more than half the time' please?

I'm puzzled by pg 19 of the PIP claim guide under 'No descriptor applies for half the time' example given....it seems to be saying that if something applies on 3 days a week that this represents more than half the time and therefore applies? In a 7 day week 3 days is not more than 50% so how does this example work?? Or have I misunderstood this example completely?? :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #183471 by Gordon

sam wrote: Can anyone clarify what constitutes 'descriptor applying for more than half the time' please?

I'm puzzled by pg 19 of the PIP claim guide under 'No descriptor applies for half the time' example given....it seems to be saying that if something applies on 3 days a week that this represents more than half the time and therefore applies? In a 7 day week 3 days is not more than 50% so how does this example work?? Or have I misunderstood this example completely?? :(

It's talking about the situation where two or more Descriptors are met but none of them individually accounts for the majority of the time, it uses an example or two days for one Descriptor and three days for another, the total time affected is 5 days which meets the requirement for more than half the time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #183484 by sam
Thanks Gordon...my head was obviously not working!!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.