× Members

PIP appeal tribunal, preparation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #188423 by SUSAN
PIP appeal tribunal, preparation. was created by SUSAN
hi just looking for some advice i have been on dla for 15 years for 10 years on low rate mobility due to been unable to leave the home alone due to 2 serious incedents then in 2012 i was put on the high rate mobility due to having angina i was on dla indefinately, in november 2016 i was invited to apply for pip as dla was ending i filled out all the forms then i went for an assesment on 31st january 2017 i received my letter from the dwp and was awarded zero points on anything, so i asked for the assesors report and was shocked at the report they made out, i stated i can walk 20-50 metres then i start with my angina the report stated that she saw me walk 20 metres and then she states because i waked 20 metres without any dis comform i can wak 200 metres so 0 points awarde,d i am wondering how she can come to the desision, also i stated on the forms i am unable to go out alone at anytime due to me having post traumatic stress disorder due to my 2 incidents at work in 1989 the report states i am able to go out alone because although my husband attended the assesment with me they say he had no input which it totally incorrect as i stated if he was not with me i would not have been able to attend the assesment so 0 points awarded, then i have sent an appeal of to the court and the dwp have sent me a report saying they agree with the assesor on my angina and they have dismissed me been unable to go out alone due to the new law that is coming in so they have asked the tribuneral to dismiss my case my decison date was 09/02/2017 my mr date was 03/03/2017 my hmcts request for an appeal was 22/03/2017 is it worth me going to the appeal thanks sue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #188473 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP appeal tribunal, preparation.
Susan

It is normal for the DWP to ask the Tribunal Service to dismiss the appeal, just ignore it.

It is most certainly worth your carrying on with the appeal, whilst you cannot apply statistics to an individual claim, the success rate at appeal is more than 60%.

The appeal panel will look at your claim from scratch and will consider the assessors opinions with a much more critical eye than the Decision Maker did.

You should prepare and send your own submission by going through your PIP2, the assessment report and our PIP Claim guide to make sure that you have shown that you meet the criteria for an award. Remember to make use of "reliably" where appropriate.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 11 months ago #188537 by SUSAN
Replied by SUSAN on topic PIP appeal tribunal, preparation.
hi gordon thank you very much that is very reasuring i will let you know the outcome of my appeal in due corse thank you

More
6 years 7 months ago #197043 by SUSAN
Replied by SUSAN on topic PIP appeal tribunal, preparation.
hi gordon i had my pip appeal on wednesday 6/9/17 then i had to wait a further 2 days for the decision to come through the post, to my amazement i did win my case for the enhanced rate of the mobility component due to having severely limited mobility activity for planning and following journeys without another person i have the award until march 2020, i believe i had a lot of knoweledge for my case through your website, when my award is due to end in 2020 would i need to fill out a new claim as i won my appeal on the question of psycological distress as that question does not count now many thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
6 years 7 months ago #197079 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP appeal tribunal, preparation.
Susan

That's brilliant news, well done.

Gordon

@RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.