× Members

PIP and Epilepsy

More
6 years 11 months ago #189209 by rubytaylor
PIP and Epilepsy was created by rubytaylor
Hi there,

Can anyone give any advice on appealing a decision to award 0 points after a face to face assessment.

Was originally on higher care and lower mobility.

Appeal hearing in just over a weeks time and finding this very difficult to deal with.

Suffer between 6-12 fits weekly but assessor decided to put a good week of 2-3 fits per week (which very very rare)

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #189238 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP and Epilepsy
Mrs M

Have you made a submission to the Tribunal?

If the centre of your problems is you epilepsy then you might want to consider putting forward the risk to you if you were to carry out some of the PIP activities.

Obviously the first issue you need to address is the frequency of your fits, but you should also refer to the risk of your having one which will be far higher.

There has been a recent UTT Decision on this which may be helpful, it's explained in the latest PIP Claim guide under "Safety and supervision" on page 16 onwards.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 11 months ago #189270 by agatha
Replied by agatha on topic PIP and Epilepsy
I feel for you Mrs Mac, I really do. I have just sent my MR off, don't hold out any hope. I hope you win your appeal. Girl power, stay strong. It seems to me we are reverting back to the seventies when epileptics were just laugh at, and struggled to get jobs. Victimisation. Agatha

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.