× Members

PIP Assessment

More
6 years 11 months ago #189537 by Coddie
PIP Assessment was created by Coddie
Hi all. If this question is in the wrong section apologies! I've eventually got my assessment for the DLA to PIP on Wednesday. One thing that I'm not sure about even though I read the guides. If the assessor asks you too do something that will cause you pain such as getting on an examination table or not wanting them to test your movement and you refuse on the grounds of this, will it go against you and could it count as not cooperating with them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #189555 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment

Coddie wrote: Hi all. If this question is in the wrong section apologies! I've eventually got my assessment for the DLA to PIP on Wednesday. One thing that I'm not sure about even though I read the guides. If the assessor asks you too do something that will cause you pain such as getting on an examination table or not wanting them to test your movement and you refuse on the grounds of this, will it go against you and could it count as not cooperating with them?

The important thing is to explain why you are refusing. Remember that you are not asked to perform the PIP activities without pain but pain that limits your ability to complete an activity should be taken into account, so don't rush to refuse but if you need to then do so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 11 months ago #189587 by David
Replied by David on topic PIP Assessment
It is a good idea to attempt the activities where possible, even if you can't complete them. The assessor will see yous pain and not just dismiss you as being uncooperative

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.