× Members

ESA assessment appointment

More
6 years 11 months ago #189747 by smm17
ESA assessment appointment was created by smm17
Are there certain medical conditions that are supposed to be assessed by certain physios/nurses/doctors? I have a mountain of health conditions that include pain, cardiac problems, brain damage and severe depression & anxiety amongst many. Am I supposed to see anyone in particular and can I insist on being seen by one particular type of assessor? Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #189764 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA assessment appointment

smm17 wrote: Are there certain medical conditions that are supposed to be assessed by certain physios/nurses/doctors? I have a mountain of health conditions that include pain, cardiac problems, brain damage and severe depression & anxiety amongst many. Am I supposed to see anyone in particular and can I insist on being seen by one particular type of assessor? Thank you

There are and based on your post I would expect a doctor to handle your assessment, but the requirement is not defined in law and you cannot require that you are assessed by a doctor, nor can you assume if the assessor is not a doctor that their report will be sub-standard.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 11 months ago #189770 by smm17
Replied by smm17 on topic ESA assessment appointment
Is there are a list of conditions that *should* be assessed by a doctor anywhere? Was a nurse last time, she knew nothing about some of my rare genetic disorders as was clear in her report which was overturned by a DM & I was put in Support Group.
This will probably be more use at a mandatory reconsideration/tribunal stage.
Thanks for your help!

More
6 years 11 months ago #189780 by Gordon

smm17 wrote: Is there are a list of conditions that *should* be assessed by a doctor anywhere? Was a nurse last time, she knew nothing about some of my rare genetic disorders as was clear in her report which was overturned by a DM & I was put in Support Group.
This will probably be more use at a mandatory reconsideration/tribunal stage.
Thanks for your help!

Have a look at

www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/314412/re...l%2017.3.16.pdf.html

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 11 months ago #189792 by smm17
Replied by smm17 on topic ESA assessment appointment
TY Gordon, I have 2 of those conditions & a third that is effectively the same as another. I'm sure they'll ignore that again but it's good to have that info for MR/tribunal

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #189810 by Gordon

smm17 wrote: TY Gordon, I have 2 of those conditions & a third that is effectively the same as another. I'm sure they'll ignore that again but it's good to have that info for MR/tribunal

As I said, you cannot assume a report produced by someone else other than a doctor will be sub-standard and a Tribunal will not do so either.

It may be that it will be but you will need to show specific examples where the assessors opinions are in error due to their lack knowledge.

Gordon

Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.