× Members

F2F Home Assessment - All advice welcome

More
6 years 11 months ago #189954 by Hunnybear
F2F Home Assessment - All advice welcome was created by Hunnybear
Hi, first post here so hello to everyone and thanks for all the useful information.

I'm in the process of (hopefully) transferring from indefinite DLA award (high mob & low care) to PIP and have been given an appointment for F2F at home which I was not expecting. However, after reading through many forum posts it seems to be a common thing with Capita so that's put my mind at ease a little. I was worrying if this was a good or bad thing as I hadn't requested a home assessment.

Will the assessor want to look around my home and see all the aids that I have?
Can I say No to this? I do have all the things but reluctant to have my home 'invaded' and if I was at a centre this wouldn't be possible.

My husband will be here with me - is it in order for him to make any of his own comments or should he only be speaking if I ask him to confirm things I've said?

Sorry if these seem silly questions but it's many years since I attended an assessment and getting myself quite stressed.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #189961 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic F2F Home Assessment - All advice welcome
Hunnybear

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Assessors have no rights in your home than any other visitor, most won't be interested in looking around your home, but if they do ask then it is at your discretion to allow it or not.

A good assessor should allow your husband to comment, but if asked to be quiet then he needs to be silent as his failing to do so could lead to the assessment being terminated.

The only other things to do is to read through your PIP2 the night before.

Best of luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hunnybear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.