× Members

PIP 0 points frustration!

More
6 years 9 months ago #193154 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP 0 points frustration!

henry 1 wrote: hi me again, just another quickie is it usual for the DWP to contact a person to ask if they sending any more evidence before they look at the mandatory reconsideration? and to tell me that i am close to the dead line? also would this person be the decision maker or another member of staff.

thanks again.

It's not usual, but I have seen it happen before, it sounds like they are actually doing their jobs. It may have been the DM but I think it more likely that it was someone involved in the administration of your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #195471 by henry 1
Replied by henry 1 on topic PIP 0 points frustration!
hi just a update and in a bit of a quandary been re awarded my pip and gone from 8 points to 10 for the moving around descriptor although i have never said i use a aid apart from in the MR form template which i overlooked where it had the moving around part as (aided or unaided), i have never used a aid and cant believe i over looked it what do you recommend.

More
6 years 8 months ago #195492 by Gordon

henry 1 wrote: hi just a update and in a bit of a quandary been re awarded my pip and gone from 8 points to 10 for the moving around descriptor although i have never said i use a aid apart from in the MR form template which i overlooked where it had the moving around part as (aided or unaided), i have never used a aid and cant believe i over looked it what do you recommend.

So you are saying that you should have scored 8 points and not the 10 that you did?

Did you indicate that you used an aid when answering the questions for Moving Around?

If you didn't then it is the assessor who has come to the conclusion that you need an aid. the award is the same either way unless you also scored points for Going Out, so I see no need for you to contact the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 8 months ago #195500 by henry 1
thanks again for getting back to me Gordon, i have looked back all the way to my dla forms, the dla to pip forms and the pip review and have never mentioned using a aid for moving around and have always ticked no when the option has been there.
thanks.

More
6 years 8 months ago #195503 by Gordon

henry 1 wrote: thanks again for getting back to me Gordon, i have looked back all the way to my dla forms, the dla to pip forms and the pip review and have never mentioned using a aid for moving around and have always ticked no when the option has been there.
thanks.

I think this is an occasion when I think we should assume that the assessor knows better than the claimant.

Gordon

More
6 years 8 months ago #195534 by henry 1
thanks again, yes i see what you mean, if i can i ask one more question, if i were to apply for a blue badge i take i tick the appropriate box for 10 points on the application form?
thanks again.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.