× Members

I can collect my new Motability car - at last!.

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #190985 by SueA
My Motabiity car was due for renewal when I received the dreaded PIP letter dated 23/1/17. I had been entitled to DLA help with care - Middle rate and help with getting around - Higher rate, indefinitely.
I received an appointment on 25/4/17. The Health professional (physiotherapist) was in an office more than 20 metres away from the reception area. I reached it with my daughter's help.
I received a housing benefit letter which included my PIP award, on week commencing 8/5/17. I rang PIP on 11/5/17 asking why I had found out about my award from my local council rather than them. I was told the letter could take up to 10 days to arrive but the council are advised by their computer system instantaneously. A gentleman to whom I spoke said he would arrange a phone call from a decision maker to take a Mandatory Reconsideration over the phone. (I had been awarded the enhanced rate of help with daily living needs but the standard rate of mobility needs up to 24/4/21 .).
I received a phone call on 19/5/17 and the young man took my Mandatory reconsideration over the phone. The letter with the outcome of the reconsideration was dated 19/5/17 and I had been awarded the same care award and the enhanced rate of mobility still up to 24/4/21 .
It was a limited award in case my condition changes. I have Diabetes, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis and high blood pressure among my illnesses and I can't see any improvement occurring in any of those but I am very happy to be able to collect my new vehicle which has been waiting for me since January!
Thank you so much Benefits and Work for your guidance which was extremely helpful to me. I would probably not have answered my phone (it was an 0845 number) had I not had advice from you that the call would be from an unknown number. You also alerted me to the over 20 metre (trick) walk to the health professional's office. In my reconsideration I said I had been leaning on my daughter's arm on one side and had my walking stick on the other and then sat for 40 minutes which allowed me to recover. There were inconsistencies in the health professional's report of which I also advised the Decision Maker.
On the positive side I must say all the people I spoke to on the phone regarding my PIP were extremely helpful and polite. I am also grateful that my car dealer kept my new car for about 6 months for me which he didn't need to do.
A grateful guide user.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by zach09.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #191031 by Gordon
Sue

Congratulations on the award and well done for getting the Mobility revised up.

Gordon

tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.