× Members

Does anyone at DWP read the forms or letters sent

More
6 years 10 months ago #192206 by carol buttery
My transfer from DLA to PIP has been 12 months on going disaster.
Why do we fill in the forms? DWP do not observe anything in them. You complain, they ignore everything you are concerned with. I suffer with chronic COPD, broken back etc,etc. They expected me to walk 3 miles to the railway Stn for aa assessment interview, when I could not walk any further than 20mtr. They cancelled 4 apps and eventually I had a home visit, which lasted less than 30minutes and in that 30minutes the HP answered the few questions I was asked falsely. fell, she virtually stepped over me and said she did not see me.She arrived 40minutes late.
When the report came through it would have been laughable if it had not been so serious.
The medication was all wrong ....I was not asked. I suffer badly with periods, I have not had one for 12yrs, my COPD will be improved in 2years although its a deteriating condition, proved by test results sent in etc, etc. So qualified?? I complained to Capita. Their response as expected was nothing I had complained about, but insisted this woman was highly qualified in IT.
My mobility car was returned January, which has virtually made me housebound.Because of this I cannot get to the Drs when I desperately needed too. My condition is worse than ever, due to this and my appeal is due Friday and I am too ill to go, after waiting 6months for this
appointment.
I will have all this again in 12 months time when the renewal is due.Do I just apply now?
My surgery refuse to send letters to the DIP and say they have to contact them. In the notes for the appeal was a questionnaire they sent to my Dr in 2006 when I received DLA, so they do use previous applications. My condition has detriated vastly since then.
IT is a joke if it was not so cruel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192235 by Gordon
Carol

If you are sure that you will be too ill to attend the hearing then you can switch to a Paper hearing that you do not need to attend. Contact the Tribunal Service office dealing with your appeal, the information will be on the letters you have received about your appeal.

As to the renewal, wait and see what the DWP do. Most claims are reassessed a year before the current award ends, they will send you a new form. If this does not happen then then next date is 20 weeks before your claim ends, If it goes past this then initiate a new claim yourself by contacting the DWP.

You mention that your conditions have deteriorated, you also have the option of reporting a Change to the DWP and asking to be reassessed, but I would not do this until you have heard about your appeal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.