× Members

PIP Mandatory Recon – Is a basic letter enough?

More
6 years 9 months ago #192234 by LindaRiver
Dear Forum, I Have read your guides but wanted to be completely clear on one point. Is it correct that to ask for a Mandatory Recon on PIP one only has to make the request (by phone and backed up by letter)? And that one does not – at this MR stage - have to give detailed reasons why each point score was wrong?

Citizen’s Advice spent two hours going through my sister’s decision letter, making notes on why many point scores should be disputed and promised to send us these. However the notes have not arrived and we cannot get through on the phone. Her deadline for asking for Mandatory Recon is the 6th. I am thinking that we can just ask for MR by phone and simple letter and send detailed notes on each question later during the next step of an appeal – is that right? Sorry to be asking this basic question, we have been confused by Citizen’s Advice. We do not yet have the F2F assessor’s medical report. Many Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192259 by Gordon
Linda

You don't have to give detailed reasons with the MR Request, but if you are going to send them later then you need to inform the DWP of this when you make the request, they should allow you four weeks to send the information, but if you can do so sooner then it would be better.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LindaRiver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.