× Members

Worrying Medical for PIP

More
6 years 9 months ago #192246 by sas401
Worrying Medical for PIP was created by sas401
Had my pip medical yesterday. My husband was present in the room as it was held at home yet the assessor didnt seem to like my husband being there. I have had pip for the last two years and as won at tribunal the application had to be done as a new application. The assessor enquired whether I had had a medical and when I said I had, she wanted to know all about the previous application, results, who had been the assessor etc. Seemed to focus most of the first 15 mins all about this which I couldnt see as relevant. Then seemed to skimp past most of the questions and sections of the form, and seemed to only ask certain questions at quick fire speed. So quick that I was unable to finish my answers and certainly could tell she was not in the least bit listening to what I was saying. At the start I had also showed her my new blue badge that I had got and she was gobsmacked how I had got it and spent a further 5 minutes enquiring how on earth I could get it!! I pointed out my difficulties and mentioned the doctors letters but my comments were ignored. Towards the end she started reading off the titles of each section and saying I havent scored you for that, this etc, and then when at bathing decided to show me the computer and said "I could have scored you lower for this but I havent, I have gone for a higher descriptor". (I had hoped for the descriptor that covered washing your top half of your body) I then went back to query her on things such as medication that she felt I didnt have problems with - her reply came as "I wouldnt argue with what I am scoring you on as I could have scored you lower but I havent, you can take it to tribunal but you will lose out"
She insisted I hadnt got any medical evidence proving the memory problems etc that I have, when I pointed out the doctors letter, she admitted she hadnt seen it (or more likely hadnt bothered to read it), went red faced and then promptly made a few notes on laptop and left.
I was pleasant to her all through but didnt want her to walk all over me by her just assuming things that were incorrect and unfair, especially as the questions were so few and far between.
My husband was obviously witness to it all but I am wishing now I had recorded it. Will have to see what the report says but most concerned now about what it will say. Should they be able to say things like they have?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192263 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Worrying Medical for PIP
Sarah

Assessors should not make any comments about the points that they are recommending or any award that might result. The comment about an appeal was also inappropriate and clearly wrong by your own experience.

However, it is not unusual for assessors to do this, you can complain but I would hold off doing so until you have a Decision as there may be better reasons to do so than what they said.

You should be able to request a copy of the report at the end of the week by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim.

PIP Decisions are currently taking 2-4 weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #192319 by sas401
Replied by sas401 on topic Worrying Medical for PIP
Thanks gordon, I am glad you agreed that it was wrong. I have requested the copy of the report so will expect that within the next few weeks. Will let you know how I get on

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.