× Members

PIP Supporting evidence

More
6 years 9 months ago #192485 by marieukxx
PIP Supporting evidence was created by marieukxx
I've got my renewal form for PIP through. Since the last time when I applied for PIP I have been to see the mantal health team for an assessment. I was diagnosed with an aditional problem plus a confirmed diagnosis was made on a problem I had before. During the assessment they suggested group counsseling and getting help for two other problems. I have agoraphobia so the thought of going to these places having group counselling and such was not something I thought I could do. I had a letter from them detailing my problems plus the new diagnosis and I was discharged from them because I wouldn't go to the group counselling. If I include this letter which proves my conditions but then says I am discharged because I wouldn't do the counselling is that likely to go against me?

I was only asked int he assessment and when I came out I was crying and after I got back home I thought on it and had changed my mind. I assumed more assessments would be carried out than just one. Then I got the letter saying I was discharged from them. I hadn't had a chance to think it all through.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192523 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Supporting evidence
Marie

The DWP have a fanciful view of treatment, in that it is always 100% successful, so they may take the letter in a negative way, do you have another letter with the diagnosis on?

If not and the diagnosis is important to your claim, then include a letter explaining why you could not attend the therapy.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #192618 by marieukxx
Replied by marieukxx on topic PIP Supporting evidence
No, it's all at the bottom of the second page of the letter, it confirms all my pervious diagnosis plus two new ones they diagnosed. I seriously doubt my GP will do me a letter but I'll ring and ask.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192620 by marieukxx
Well I've just rung and asked for a letter from my GP. Whether he does it is another thing. He wouldn't do me a list of my medications for the form last time.

I'm not just ticking the boxes I've been writing extra on sheets of paper. Hopefully I can get this letter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
6 years 9 months ago #192822 by marieukxx
I got a letter confirming everything from my doctor. I've photocopied it and will send it with the form.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.