× Members

ESA , Atos reassessment again only after 7 months!

More
6 years 9 months ago #192492 by diehard3
Hello,
This time last year I was being swapped from DLA to PIP it was incredibly stressful and took so long that I am still in the red because my Carer had no money for over a year and we survived off my ESA.

My health has deteriorated since then and I am about to start quite a powerful drug so the last thing I wanted to see was an Atos letter (under another name) saying my ESA now needs to be reassessed.

Job centre plus said it was surprising because not alone have I been in the support group for 5 years but had a home medical last December for PIP and was awarded top rate care and mobility.

They also mentioned 2 regulations 29 and 35 which I thought were for the WRAG.

Did I imagine the government announcing near the end of last year no reassessments for the support group and one of those mentioned was top rate care DLA?
Can I use the regulations mentioned?

I am very low in spirit because I really wanted to concentrate on the new treatment but this is the start of an awful game the minute I return the form an assessment date is sent immediately located in outer space and then the threat of sanctions if you cannot travel or unwell.

The lady at the job centre says it is such a waste of time because there are no jobs for people like me and she seldom sees a full time job or that isn't a few hours on a 0 hour contract and for someone young and abled bodied. She said it cost companies too much to accommodate people who are disabled.

My LHA relies on this benefit too so :sick: I have had no sleep, very teary and pancreatitis from my immune system.

Any info much appreciated I have 2 weeks to get it back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192534 by Gordon
Pennyman

Just so you are aware, ATOS no longer carry out the ESA assessments, it is now a company called Maximus, aka Centre for Health and Disability Assessment, aka HAAS.

You need to treat this as new claim for ESA and complete the ESA50 in full and submit evidence in support as you can, even if you have previously submitted it.

There have been no changes to the ESA criteria since the beginning of 2013 but the DWP guidance has been updated, especially in regard to Regulations 29 (for the WRAG) and 35 (for the SG). The current claim guides have details of these changes.

The Government did make an announcement about exempting some SG claimants from future reassessments, however nothing has so far implemented.

Please ignore the comments made by your JC+ advisor, they will not help you with your reassessment.

If you have further questions about your ESA reassessment then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #192581 by diehard3
Thank you Gordon for telling me it is Maximus and answering I do appreciate it.

Sad to hear that it is treated as new claim, I can imagine what is in for me and another assessment too. The only evidence I have is the fact I am being treated.
Doctors don't like getting involved and get cranky and I understand as it is guess work
how you are at home they just want to treat the disease.
My heart sinks.
I have seen several things pop up since the election of people being reassessed in the support group or being called to interviews.
The announcement last year was then pointless and fake news, I now understand what this is now.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.