× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration more damning

More
6 years 9 months ago #192625 by D
Afternoon all. Gordon, thank you for your response to my last query.

I will do my best to read the guides before submitting my full appeal.
I had my assessment for pip having previously been awarded the highest rates for DLA. I have to be honest, I was surprised to get them before. I'm clinically obese and as we know, these people tend to look down on that.

Anyway, I now get the lowest in what was previously the care component and nothing for mobility. It has resulted in me losing my blue badge which in truth is my main concern, not the money. While I can walk I find it very difficult to do so. I'm always in pain and provided these people with a letter and X rays from one chiropractor and then a full EMG report from another.
I withheld on a Doctors report as it will cost me £50 and also I suspected with these quotas it would make no difference.
I now have the form (I think it's SSC1) to make the formal appeal but I see nowhere does it say to include more information. Anyone got any advice? Please forgive me if I appear to be lazy but I don't have PC at home and snatch what I can with the hour I get at my library.

Warm regards to all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192645 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory Reconsideration more damning
D

The PIP Submissions guide has a complete example that you can use to help you fill it in, you do not need to provide detailed reasons at this stage for your request.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Once your appeal is accepted the DWP will prepare their submission to the hearing and send you a copy, whilst you should wait until you receive this to finish and submit your own, you should start to prepare your own case, an increased award will only be made by your showing that you score the extra points for one, so I would start by going back through your PIP2, the assessment report and the PIP Claim guide to see how you might show this is the case.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.