× Members

PIP Tribunal warning ! Am I correct.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193489 by abp1873
PIP Tribunal warning ! Am I correct. was created by abp1873
Is It legal @ Tribunal ?

I was asked the following hypothetical's at tribunal with the medical guy being a professor etc.

If the legal definition is the ability to walk 20 meters , can you get asked hypotheticals you have never tried like how long it takes you to get to a local shop. ? never timed myself but felt forced to answer .

Can you go online and plan and buy daughter a present for a big event ? Again another hypothetical I was forced to guess on as daughter controls finances .

I got help putting together a statement for tribunal referencing the tribunal papers etc and the professor asked me , if I wrote and typed it myself ? These and many other frightening scenarios happened.

I was under the impression that even if I did know these things or wrote a statement myself it should not have an effect as I thought the law was different. Never had a chance from moment when I walked in the room.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193531 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Tribunal warning ! Am I correct.
abp1873

I'm afraid I can't see anything obviously wrong with the questions that you were asked, it's the panels job to explore how the claimant might meet the PIP activities.

I assume your tribunal was unsuccessful, you can make a new claim for PIP immediately, but you do need to deal with the issues that prevented your last claim being successful.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: abp1873

More
6 years 9 months ago #193703 by abp1873
Replied by abp1873 on topic PIP Tribunal warning ! Am I correct.
Problem is , the panel obviously felt I was lying , the professor ( who I assume was the medical expert) asked how I knew the word prompted , back during my PIP assessment the assessor and DWP decision maker listed the second highest dose of Fentanyl I am on as moderate totally discounting side effects etc, at the tribunal I explained it requires a second signature when you pick up and provided a GP letter etc warning of it's potency and GPs warnings of using it with COPD diagnosis, including GPs decision not to adjust my anxiety medication due to Fentanyl sending me to counselling instead ( PIP Assessor said no significant psychiatric input which letters showed was also wrong) the professor who I thought would be on the patients side also shrugged and said it's not the strongest dose.

How can folk with mental health issues be forced to answer hypotheticals on how long it would take a panel member to walk to your local shop. How can it be right I get asked how i knew the word prompted. ?

Was never going to win it from the start

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-39657510

More
6 years 9 months ago #193704 by abp1873
Replied by abp1873 on topic PIP Tribunal warning ! Am I correct.
As I final point , what if we refused to answer the hypotheticals as unanswerable, as it does not p[lay any part in the reality of our daily living ?

More
6 years 9 months ago #193737 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Tribunal warning ! Am I correct.
abp

If you have concerns over how the Decision was made, then you can ask for a Statement of Reasons from the Judge. If you can show that there was an Error in the making of the Decision then it may be possible to get your appeal re-heard, but be aware this can take a significant period of time.

Tribunals – Requesting a Statement of Reasons

What is an Error of Law?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: abp1873

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.