× Members

PIP....and Autoimmune diseases

More
6 years 9 months ago #193697 by Joy
PIP....and Autoimmune diseases was created by Joy
Hi everyone,
Has anyone had any success transferring from DLA to PIP or apply for PIP with Autoimmune diseases.
I have 4 autoimmune diseases 2 of which are very rare and even GPS don't know much about them as often have never seen them.
I had my DLA to PIP assessment and really I don't think the assessor was aware of impact on my life.

I am going to appeal with a letter from my consultant whenever I get a date.
It's all about fitting their descriptors ,which seem to not take into consideration folk who don't walk with a stick,not in a wheelchair,but many days go from bed to sofa due to severe fatigue and feeling generally awful.
Autoimmune Haemolytic anaemia ,priimary biliary cholangitis,and Autoimmune Hepatitis.
For those who don't know,it's my immune system turned on its self and destroying red cells,and liver cells.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193730 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP....and Autoimmune diseases
Joy

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

PIP is not really about the conditions that you have but the limitations that you have as a result.

So picking on Preparing Food as an example, what prevents you from doing this, what symptoms do you have? If you conditions vary the you need to be able to do the activity successfully on the majority of days not to score points. Also you need to be able to it "reliably", this is defined in more detail in the PIP Claim guide.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Would an aid or appliance help you complete an activity, if it would then this may help you score points.

Would prompting, assistance or supervision from someone else help? Again this can lead to points.

Hopefully any members who are online and in similar circumstances will reply, but if you have more questions then reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.