× Members

PIP Award Duration, halved year later, no review?

• rajrice@hotmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago #193814 by rajrice@hotmail.com
PIP Award Duration, halved year later, no review? was created by rajrice@hotmail.com
I received my 1st PIP award notice last Dec- ,back dated to July, until 2026 (DLA - PIP) despite 0/0 ATOS report). A 2nd award letter came dated 10 days later. Award start date 4 mobility corrected, It seemed.
I noticed a points discrepancy between the 1st letter = 15 pts, 2nd Care =13. Rang DWP, chap said, 1st letter correct & duration too. Would send me a new award notice.
The third notice arrived not only with the lower 13pts but my award end date was 2020. They knocked 6 years off.
Rang DWP again, the chap seemed unable to find any trace of letter 1. He said a case manager would phone to speak to me.
It was an extremely distressing call she said there was an error on the first two notices sent...my award is only for 4 years? Was rude said if I disagree, must request a Mandatory Reconsideration stating why it should be longer. I agreed in anger.
I have been particularly unwell recently. I cannot cope with going though all this again.
Is this LEGAL? To change an award a YEAR later? Any advice welcomed. Has anyone else had this happen?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193836 by Gordon
scattyirish

This is difficult, correcting a Decision Notice issued with the wrong information would be perfectly legal and correct, revising the Decision superseding the Decision without new evidence would not but this does not seem to have happened.

I'm afraid I have to warn you we have not seen anyone on the forum be successful in extending their award, when this was the only part of the award being challenged.

You will need to show that the four years is inappropriate given you conditions and the likelihood of change, be aware that award length can be affected by the claimants deteriorating as well as improving, so you would be arguing that there will be no significant change in how your conditions affect you for the 10 years.

You might want to think about making a complaint to the DWP about what has happened.

Complaining to the DWP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: rajrice@hotmail.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.