× Members

Esa assesment. Paper based, work, or office.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193865 by matthew
Hi not sure if anyone can help with advice, the person I care for has been called in for an assessment for his ESA.
He has been through the PIP process this they allowed for paper based assessment and work well for him.
I am going to have massive issues getting him to the assessment centre, possibly not be able to get him to go.
I phoned the assessment people and they blankly told me that if he can not get there he can ask for a home visit. But he has to get a written letter faxed by his doctor. This will cost money and he is on a limited income.
They have told me that they no longer do paper based assessments. Is this correct as his PIP was done on a paper based assessment.
Can anyone offer some advice here.
DWP said just phone up on the day and say he wont come out the house. But that seems wrong.
DWP have said its not down to them
DWP said he had not sent in his esa50 so that's why he has to have an assessment but we have evidence it was received as was sent recorded delivery.

Thank you in advance for any help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193883 by Gordon
matthew

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Dealing with the assessment first, I'm afraid they won't avoid an assessment without an ESA50 (see below), but it may be possible to get a home assessment, but they will need the support of their GP , who needs to write to Maximus explaining why they cannot attend at their offices.

I would recommend that they complete an ESA50 and send it to Maximus if at all possible otherwise they risk an old form and evidence being used for their assessment, you can download one from the following link

www.gov.uk/government/publications/capab...r-work-questionnaire

and it can either be printed and filled in or filled in on a computer and then printed, if it can be sent to Maximus before the assessment then it may help to avoid it.

If you have more questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.