× Members

Still on DLA..When will I be invited to claim PIP?

More
6 years 7 months ago #197135 by bobby22
Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone might be able to advise roughly when I'm going to be asked to make a claim for PIP. I'm quite nervous! Or is it the case that I will stay on my DLA until the award expires? If there's no change in circumstances? Does ESA influence it?

The details of my current award is:
DLA (High rate care, low rate mobility) from Oct 2014 to Oct 2019.

I also claim ESA (support group).

My postcode starts with SO-

Many thanks in advance for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #197137 by slugsta
Hi Bobby and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Claimants are being 'invited' to apply for PIP entirely at random so there is no way of knowing when your turn might come. I'm afraid the process is very far behind schedule.

I suggest you have a good look through our PIP guide and start thinking about what information you might want to include in support of your claim, when the time comes, and how you can obtain it.

If you have further questions please reply to this message and we will do our best to help :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bobby22

More
6 years 7 months ago #197141 by bobby22
Thank you ever so much for your info and advice.

Sorry for the further question, but I'm a little confused as to whether it is entirely random, and the reason for this is information I've seen with regards to others I know in other areas of the country (midlands) whereby I've been told it's gone to PIP already, and also online - I saw this timetable on this website:

"From 23 February 2015
PIP reassessment areas extend to postcodes beginning: AB, BB, BD, DD, DN, EX, HX, KA, KY, LS, PH, PL, PO, PR, S, SO (my postcode!), TS and WF

If your fixed term DLA award is due to end on or after 13 July 2015 you will receive a PIP claim form rather than a DLA renewal claim form."

and then,

"By 30 September 2017
All existing DLA claimants (aged 16 to 64 on 8 April 2013) will have been invited to claim PIP."

Are you saying that the order has been abandoned now, and that the whole timetable is very delayed? I was assuming my dreaded letter would be imminent. Do you have any idea of how far behind schedule they are? Months/years? Thank you!

More
6 years 7 months ago #197144 by Gordon
Bobby

When PIP was initially being rolled out it was restricted to only certain postcodes, however, within each postcode, claimants were still chosen at random. All mainland postcode became live about two years ago.

The project was supposed to finish this year, I believe the DWP are now saying 2018, but our best estimate is that they have only moved some 50% of DLA claimants in the four years that PIP has been available so we think that this new estimate is wildly optimistic.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bobby22

More
6 years 7 months ago #197146 by bobby22
Again, thank you so much for this information and help!

So I'm correct now in assuming that I could receive a letter imminently, but it is entirely possible (although probably unlikely) that I might last the length of my DLA award, until Oct 2019?

I had no idea only about half of claimants had been contacted. I thought I must've been in the final few!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.