× Members

lost my PIP.

More
6 years 7 months ago #197153 by teddybear581
lost my PIP. was created by teddybear581
I have been ill with anxiety, depression with agoraphobia and panick attacks for many years and have always passed the many medical assessments I have had for IB,ESA and PIP. My first claim for PIP was awarded after a F2F assessment ,enhanced care as I had 19 points.. my next assessment was decided on paper only and continued my enhanced care award with the samepoints. I filled in the new form a few months ago and had a f2f . I got the result yesterday and miracle of miracles.........I am cured!!! !!!! So no award as I only managed 2 points.
sorry to be so facecious but I am in shock as there has been no change in the conditions I had been claiming for and I now have athsma and hip pain so I am taking more medication than before.
The reason given was that there was no evidence of any cognative problems for the things I had said I had trouble with.
I have never claimed cognative problems..my problems are all connected to depression and agrophobia.anxiety . Ie. I need prompting to get out of bed/dressed take medication......just about everythimg in every day life.. I just have no motivation to do anything and am tired all the time. I will stay in bed all day if my hubbby diidnt drag me out of it. and even then would only get dresses if I was going somewhere. I never go out by my self as I panic....again I need prompting and always have someone with me on the rare occasions i do venture out. to keep me calm. .
Am I wrong and things like depressiion and anxiety are classed as cognative problems?
I thought I was in trouble when I saw the position the nurse seated me at the assessment. My chair was away to the side of her and slightly behind her so I was looking at the computer screen over her shoulder but too far away to actually read it. She made no eye contact with me and asked the questions while typing my replies. It was a very uncomfortable assessment but luckily I had taken my diazepam to keep me calm.
anyway, I guess I will be asking for a mandatory reconsideration but there is no way I would be able to go to a tribunal. I will just accept the decision given.
So if anyone is thinking of just ticking "no change" on the new form I would strongly suggest you still fill in your difficulties!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #197174 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic lost my PIP.
teddybear

If it goes to appeal and I have to warn you that there is a good chance that it will then you can opt for a Paper assessment which you do not need to attend.

Depression and anxiety can lead to cognitive problems, but they should be treated as separate conditions when this is not the case.

The first stage to challenging a Decision is for you to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, this needs to be done in writing to the DWP, within one month of the Decision, to the office that dealt with your claim, have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide for details of the process, the PIP area also has template letters that you can use to make the request with.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

You should contact the DWP for a copy of the assessment report if you have not already done so, I would phone them but again follow up the request in writing. Once you have the assessment report you will have a better understanding of how the DWP Decision Maker has come to their conclusions and will then be able to argue against them.

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation;

"the assessor recorded that I walked 50m, I did but they have failed to document that I had to stop every 10m for a rest due to breathlessness"

than their opinions

"based on my observations of the claimant walking I believe that they can reliably walk more than 200m.

When you have a better idea of the issues with your claim, come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: teddybear581

More
6 years 7 months ago #197194 by teddybear581
Replied by teddybear581 on topic lost my PIP.
Thanks Gordon. I will do that.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.