× Members

PIP has been stopped!

More
6 years 7 months ago #197992 by goose1
PIP has been stopped! was created by goose1
Six weeks ago, I had an interview for my PIP reassessment.
Yesterday, I received a letter stating that my PIP has been stopped with immediate effect. To get the award I had to go to tribunal and it was awarded for three years.
That three years weren't up until next July.

I scored 0 points in all the descriptors and they informed me that I no longer qualified as my 'needs had changed'. They haven't changed at all and this is untrue.

I am asking for a mandatory re consideration by letter as I've been told this is the best way to do this.

I don't hold out much hope, so l would be very grateful for any advice I can get. I have Bipolar disorder, and this is now having an effect on my moods.

Apparently, I seemed quite alright at the interview and as I was able to sign forms and I attended alone, I was fine and dandy.

Thank you,

Grace

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #198006 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP has been stopped!
Hi Grace,

I'm sorry that your PIP claim has been refused :(

If you want to take this claim further, your first step will, as you said, be to request the MR. This request must be with the DWP within 4 weeks of the date of the decision letter.

You can make the request on the phone but we always suggest doing it in writing so that you have an 'audit trail'.

Do you have a copy of the assessor's report? If not, it is well worth requesting one - DWP usually send them out on request. This will give you a good idea of exactly why your claim failed.

If you don't have the report and it doesn't arrive in time, don't delay getting the MR request in to DWP. You should tell them that you will send in more information when you have it - DWP should then allow you more time to get the information to you.

The MR process is explained in the PIP guide and there is a sample request letter too.

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your PIP without having to start a new topic each time. We ask members to keep everything relating to the same claim in one topic as it helps us enormously - and I hope you will find it useful too

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
6 years 7 months ago #198008 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP has been stopped!
Goose

I have to warn you that the revision rate at MR is very low and you may need to appeal again.

Do you understand how you qualified for an award last time? This may help you explain your problems as that are now.

You should contact the DWP for a copy of the assessment report if you have not already done so, I would phone them but again follow up the request in writing. Once you have the assessment report you will have a better understanding of how the DWP Decision Maker has come to their conclusions and will then be able to argue against them.

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation;

"the assessor recorded that I walked 50m, I did but they have failed to document that I had to stop every 10m for a rest due to breathlessness"

than their opinions

"based on my observations of the claimant walking I believe that they can reliably walk more than 200m.

When you have a better idea of the issues with your claim, come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.