× Members

applying for jsa while a mandatory consideration

More
6 years 6 months ago #198111 by mr s
Hello,
I am being forced to claim jsa while i have a mandatory re consideration considered.
I have to go for a work focused interview which will take 1 hour.
I cant sit for more than 20 mins at a time.( i know what they are trying to do.. If you can sit for the whole interview etc etc)
Can i insist a sofa be supplied or can this interview be done over the phone ?
Also, can my claim for jsa be backdated to the 8/9/17 when my esa was suspended ?
one more thing. i have been on income based esa, will i be transfered to income based jsa if my claim is successful ?
Any other information would be gratefully received
many thanks,
Steve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #198117 by Gordon
S

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Your JC+ advisor will have no knowledge of your health problems, so I suggest that you phone them in advance of the interview to explain your problems and to see whether there are any accommodations that can be made. I think it unlikely that you can avoid attending as new procedures require JC+ staff to visually validate that the claimant is who they say they are.

Given the break since your ESA claim was closed, I think it unlikely that it will be backdated but ask, you never know, you will need to explain why it has you nearly three weeks to make a claim.

You may qualify for JSA(CB) if you worked throughout the Tax Years 2014-15 and 2015-16, otherwise it will be a JSA(IR) claim.

Once your JSA claim is accepted and in payment you should be able to submit a new Fit Note and be excused from your Claimant Commitment for up to 13 weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mr s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.