× Members

Pip appeal bundle

More
6 years 6 months ago #198251 by greenfield
Pip appeal bundle was created by greenfield
Hi,
I have received my pip appeal bundle today.
I was expecting a lot of references from case law but there is absolutely nothing.
I have basically been sent everything I have myself. There doesn't seem to be any sort of argument against my case, apart from what they already stated in the very poor decision notices.
What I did notice was that near the front, under Facts, it states lots of different dates about claimant being in hospital, about ska being paid, then pip.
I haven't been in hospital, and have never claimed DLA! This is a pip reassessment.
What are your thoughts on there being no reference to case law, and the hospital mistakes?
Thanks,
Mrs J.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #198255 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip appeal bundle
MRS J

The DWP would only reference UTT Case Law if it was to there advantage to do so, this is rarely the case as UTT Decisions tend to extend the interpretation of the PIP Descriptors which the DWP do not like.

The reference to DLA and hospital may be important or just a distraction, it will depend on whether it has influenced the Decision that they made. I would highlight it either way as it shows a lack of professionalism in making the Decision and preparing their case, but to make more of it you will need to specifically show how it impacted on their Decision.

That said, remember that you will only win your appeal by showing that you meet the criteria for one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.