× Members

Being moved to universal credit as have moved .

More
6 years 6 months ago #198319 by firemonkey
Due to changing address I have had to claim UC. I have been in the ESA support group due to mental health problems, and am concerned that I may lose that status or the equivalent in the switch to UC. Is there a process for ensuring claimants are switched to the equivalent category that they were on? My health status has not changed only my place of abode.

Thanks for any help

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #198349 by Gordon
firemonkey

Your existing ESA claim should be replicated in UC without you having to take any further action, however, if this is not the case (there are reports of poor training in UC for DWP staff), then get face to face advice immediately from a trained advisor.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: firemonkey

More
6 years 6 months ago #198454 by firemonkey
Replied by firemonkey on topic Being moved to universal credit as have moved .
I had an appointment today and am a little confused(blame it on poor brain power).
I've got another appointment on Friday with yet another person to discuss illness and how it effects work etc. I am not sure , based on what I've read, that I should be being subjected to that . I did say I shouldn't have to go through a WCA. Her reply was they had to wait for information to come through but it *may* be that I don't have to.

I got the impression that she wasn't very up on procedure. I am wondering on Friday whether I should quote reg 19 as it seems to me I should not being subjected to an interrogation about work capabilities.
Indeed subject to confirmation of support group status the transition should be to the UC equivalent .

The impression I get is of a system designed by not very intelligent monkeys that's administered by even less intelligent monkeys.

More
6 years 6 months ago #198467 by Gordon
firemonkey

It would certainly go armed with a copy of Regulation 19 but maybe wait and see what happens before you present it.

The difficulty that most DWP staff is that they not only lack initiative but it is positively discouraged and they only operate within the bounds of what they can see on the computer.

Gordon

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 6 months ago #198740 by firemonkey
Replied by firemonkey on topic Being moved to universal credit as have moved .
Looking through my universal credit journal there is an entry for today that says effective from the 27th September - " has a health condition which restricts their ability to take up or look for work."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.