× Members

When am I likely to be reassessed for PIP

More
6 years 8 months ago #199969 by UncleMort
I was awarded pip until November 2018. My questions are when am I likely to be reassessed and when should I start preparing medical letters and contacting consultants etc

Will they contact me and how much notice are you given. Do you fill in the form again. Is the process the same as 4 years ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #199978 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic When am I likely to be reassessed for PIP

UncleMort wrote: I was awarded pip until November 2018. My questions are when am I likely to be reassessed and when should I start preparing medical letters and contacting consultants etc

Will they contact me and how much notice are you given. Do you fill in the form again. Is the process the same as 4 years ago.

I would expect you to receive new forms in November of this year, it should be an AR1 review form but could be another PIP2.

You should be given four weeks to complete the form, although this will include postage times in both directions.

If you don't receive a form this year, then the next most likely time for a renewal is 3 months before your existing award ends, keep a careful watch out for the forms as you may struggle to complete the renewal before your current award ends.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 6 months ago #202256 by UncleMort
Replied by UncleMort on topic When am I likely to be reassessed for PIP
You was correct I received my AR1 form and now have a small window of time to fill it in.

I have read the advice notes stating to send as much supporting evidence as possible. I had an appointment last week with my Consultant Psychiatrist and told him how this process has severely been affecting me. He has written a letter for me to give them stating my Personality disorder and long standing depressive episode as well as physical other issues and that in his professional opinion I am not going to get better in the near term.

Should I send the original letter or should I scan this and send a copy with the form, as I do not trust them.

Finally once I return the form and they receive it, how long do I have to wait for a decision on if I have I continue my award or not. do they decide there and there or do I do I go for another extremely stressful reassessment or do they just stop your claim and make you homeless.

Sorry to ask lots of questions but I tend to loop and ruminate and am struggling at the moment to find the wherewithal to fill in the form.

More
6 years 6 months ago #202290 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic When am I likely to be reassessed for PIP
UncleMort

Never send an original document unless specifically asked to, always send a copy.

Your current award remain in payment until a new Decision is made or it reaches the end date.

I'm afraid I can't tell you how long that new Decision will be, it will depend on whether a face to face is required, but you are probably looking at a minimum of 8 weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.