× Members

Not appealing LCW to do a part-time course

More
6 years 7 months ago #200815 by MrsGizzard
Not appealing LCW to do a part-time course was created by MrsGizzard
Hello All

I was on IB for the last decade, then to ESA. I already have LCW under article 29 exceptional circs (PTSD from being attacked at work), for the next 18 months. I met a solicitor who is keen to challenge it for the Art 35 exceptional circs. The assessment was dreadful. The report was abysmal. I have complaints lodged with the DWP and the CDHA currently.

But I want to try to undertake a part-time masters course one day a week from next Sept for 2 years. I might fail. I hope I won't. I get the impression that the uni will help me and give me a lot of support.

From the very swift answer I just got (thank you Gordon), I can see that being an Article 35 exceptional circs might rule out this course.

Instead of appealing the decision, could I appeal the time-frame and ask for it to be extended to recognise the variability of my condtion and the very slow progress I'm bound to make towards some kind of work, if I try this masters? I do need to retrain. After over a decade, it's obvious that I can't take up my former profession, as that will make me even sicker.

I hope that the work coach would be amenable. I'm torn between hoping for a brighter future, being gutted at how badly the assessment was done, and being very scared if the pressure of the appeal makes my PTSD and other inflammatory diseases flare, what i will do then?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #200829 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Not appealing LCW to do a part-time course

MrsGizzard wrote: Instead of appealing the decision, could I appeal the time-frame and ask for it to be extended to recognise the variability of my condtion and the very slow progress .

You cannot make an appeal on this basis. ESA Decisions do not include the length of the award or an end date for it, so basically there is nothing for you to appeal against.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrsGizzard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.