× Members

Called for Assessment Again ESA Support group...

More
6 years 6 months ago #202108 by DollyDayDream
Hi

My wife is on ESA in Support group suffering from Depression and anxiety, Lower back pain, She is on Morphine patch, Tramadol, Paracetamol, Anti depressents, then loads of tablets to stop the effects of the others.. She has been on ESA since 2010 when she had to go for an assessment to get Support group, She had to appeal that time and won, then she had to have an assessment in 2013 which was fine, she got an ESA50 last year filled in and kept award without medical, then last month got another ESA50 thought this is soon after last award but filled it in and has been asked to go for Assessment in December, Now she has gone backwards as she is already stressed about going, especially after reading in the papers etc that the assessors are lying to try and get you off the benefits. Any advice on changes etc for the ESA assessments ? Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #202121 by Gordon
DollyDayDream

How did she last qualify for the SG?

The only changes since she was last assessed is that there has been new guidance in regard the Substantial Risk Regulations.

If she hasn't attended an assessment before then the ESA Claim guides has a section that covers the interview and the questions likely to be asked.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 6 months ago #202124 by DollyDayDream
Replied by DollyDayDream on topic Called for Assessment Again ESA Support group...
I don't know how she was assessed, lost appealed and the won,I think it was on the risk to herself if she carried on being pushed into groups etc, How can i find out ?

What does the Substantial Risk Regulations.change mean ?

More
6 years 6 months ago #202131 by Gordon

DollyDayDream wrote: I don't know how she was assessed, lost appealed and the won,I think it was on the risk to herself if she carried on being pushed into groups etc, How can i find out ?

What does the Substantial Risk Regulations.change mean ?

The Decision Notice from the appeal should state the reasons that the appeal was allowed.

The ESA Claim guide due to mental health issues explains the new guidance and how it effects claimants,

Be aware, with the Substantial Risk Regulations there is no ongoing assumption of disability, she needs to prove she meets the criteria every time she is assessed with up to date evidence.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 6 months ago #202208 by DollyDayDream
Replied by DollyDayDream on topic Called for Assessment Again ESA Support group...
Ok thank you Gordon

When you say upto date evidence, she has prescription slips with the amount of medication taken each day, plus she has been to the doctor who is writing a new letter explaining her increase in Anti depressant in the last two years..

She is so worried about the media at the moment as it seems the assessors are lying to try and get people off benefits and back to work, She will never hold down a job due to the back pain and the medication just to try and control her MH, She cant sleep at night, struggles with remembering medication times to the point we have Apps to remind her and me then i call her 15 mins after to check she has taken them , The whole system seems corrupt to try and fail you ..

More
6 years 6 months ago #202221 by Gordon
DollyDayDream

You really need to have up to date evidence of how her mental health problems effect her ability to complete the ESA activities and in particular what risk of harm she or others would be if she was required to perform Work Related Activity.

I'm afraid there is little I can say that will help calm your daughter. What you/she reads on sites like B&W does not reflect the reality of the ESA system, people come to us because they are having problems with their claims but this is only a fraction of the claimants who are going through an ESA assessment and any particular time.

I'm not suggesting that there not problems with the system, there are but the majority of claimants do actually receive the award they deserve.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.