× Members

DLA to PIP

• Carol Cope-Knowles
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #202151 by Carol Cope-Knowles
DLA to PIP was created by Carol Cope-Knowles
I have recently received a letter stating that I need to make an application for PIP as my DLA is ceasing.
I have been in receipt of DLA since May 2003 lndefinate. I have numerous chronic health conditions, Fybromya,ME Underactive thyriod, Osteoporosis,Blood pressure Cattecks on both eyes,i bowel and balder difficulties and Costoendrites.
With age all these conditions have resulted in very poor mobility and severe restrictions On my way my life style.
I was a Social Worker but due to memory and mobility difficulties as a result of Fybromyalga I have been on long term sick leave and finishing work.
My car is my lifeline and is funded by my DLA and support from family to enable me a quality of life.
After reading all the horror stories of other people's experiences and plus the fact currently apart from my GP and work who will support and clarify my difficulties I'm worried about my lack of medical evidence I still have copies of my original application for DLA where a doctor examined at home and told me then that there was no cure and that my mobility would worsen which is exactly what has happened.
I feel so anxious even more so after calling the DWP which I recorded as I found them very unhelpful in trying to register the claim..
All info that I have read suggests it's a tick box excersise and how you present no consiration is taken into , that disability can be invisible apart from my wretched wheel chair.
Are there any pointers that you feel are really relevant I have read and re read all the literature but still feel the DWP are on a mission to reduce or eliminate DLA payments even though I my application was accessed by a GP who had a very good insight on how my chronic condition would impact on my health long term.
Sorry for such a lengthy message but i fail to understand how therapists etc after a module on a computer can be qualfied to access various disabilities that all impact differently on all individuals without proper medical experience on so many different chronic health conditions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #202168 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
C

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

The problem with looking at forums like B&W and others is that a high proportion of the people posting are only doing so because they have a problem with the claim, but they only represent a small proportion of claimants being assessed at any particular time and the reality is that most claimants received the award that they deserve.

I'm not suggesting that there are not problems with the system, just that they are not as bad as they may seem.

I would start by reading our PIP Claim guide, this explains the claim process, the criteria you will be assessed against and how to complete the form and lastly what an assessment will be like.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

If you have any specific questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.