× Members

Pension Credit/Esa

More
6 years 6 months ago #202192 by ros
Pension Credit/Esa was created by ros
Can you advise please, on changes to Pension Credit?
My husband is 64, in receipt of ESA and PIP
I am 59. I am his carer in receipt of CA.
Husband became eligible to claim Pension Credit in November 2017. ( we haven’t claimed yet) He reaches State Pension age in August 2018 and I wonder what will happen to me? Can we claim Pension Credit as a couple, or will I have to claim UC?
Regards
R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #202209 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pension Credit/Esa
Ros

The rules requiring PC to be claimed by the younger partner have not come in to force yet. So your husband can claim PC and you will be considered as part of their claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 6 months ago #202239 by ros
Replied by ros on topic Pension Credit/Esa
Thanks for that Gordon. Do you know when it does come into force? We weren’t going to claim PC until he was about to reach pension age.
Regards
R

More
6 years 6 months ago #202270 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pension Credit/Esa

ros wrote: Thanks for that Gordon. Do you know when it does come into force? We weren’t going to claim PC until he was about to reach pension age.
Regards
R

It's been delayed and there is no current date for the change.

I would encourage you to get face to face advice from a trained advisor who can calculate what you might receive under PC or at the very least put your information in to one of the online benefit calculators.

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

If your husband is eligible for PC then I would expect you to be better off under PC than ESA and he would also avoid reassessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ros

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.