× Members

PIP form different to guides?

More
6 years 2 months ago #207472 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP form different to guides?

Bruce wrote: What I was getting at was; My mobility component goes to Motability, and I was getting Low Rate care. If I do not get Standard or Enhanced Care and only get Standard Mobility my income from PIP will not change, just I'll have no car. As the old DLA LRC is the same amount as PIP SM. AFAIK

As I said, Standard Daily Living is equivalent to DLA Medium Rate Care, not the Lower Rate.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #207509 by bmjohnson
Replied by bmjohnson on topic PIP form different to guides?
What I meant was; at the moment I am getting Low Rate care, and High Mobility. I f get what the assessor recommends I'll get no car and standard mobility. I won't have a car but will still have the same amount of money coming in (because all my mobility componet goes to motability). A the moment I don't know the exact rates but Low care is about 22 pound and standard mobility is about 22 pounds AFAIK.

If you see what I mean.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
6 years 2 months ago #207662 by bmjohnson
The transcription of the assessment is now finished. I have read over all 27 pages. I have also re-read the assessment report along with my medical evidence. While my application form and the medical evidence match the assessment report does not. The medical information does not match and there are differences between what was said and what was written.

I am at a loss I had heard that they lied, but I genuinely though that was the exception (me being a truthful and trusting person). I just can't believe how someone "professional could lie like this.

What can I do? I am going to have to go through the report and correct all the "mistakes", will this make any difference. What is to say they are not going to lie and say the interview took longer and that it did, and therefore claim I edited out the bits they said I said but didn't.

Are the DWP in on in or are they just happy to look the other way so long as more people who used to get GLA are stopped from getting PIP. I am in an Atos area, from what I see Capita are no better.

More
6 years 2 months ago #207680 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP form different to guides?
Bruce

First you can't really do anything until you know what the Decision is.

Dealing with the report is important but it's quite unlikely that it will result in an adverse Decision being revised, in fact it could actually result in a new assessment being required.

Awards are changed because the claimant has shown that they meet the criteria, so my recommendation is that you first of all re-visit your claim form, the report and or PIP Claim guide to make sure that you have explained the problems you have with the PIP activities successfully.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bmjohnson

More
6 years 2 months ago #207699 by bmjohnson
Cheers Gordon

I know I have not got he report yet but I am going to start (have started) my letter as there is so much to do and I fear the month in which I have to reply will soon go. Also the decision letter my be delayed because of the weather.

Going through the report it seems the assessor was more interested in my pain levels than my main problems. This may be because I have a damaged spine and legs mentioned in my medical report and this is why I got DLA back in the last century.

My main grip is that she said my wife helped me dress and put my trousers and pants on, when I only said socks and an aid or appliance. She also said I used an aid or appliance to help prepare food where I said I needed supervision. As for walking she said I could walk for a minute before needing to stop and that I could walk 40m in a minute (without seeing me walk). Where in actual fact I said I could only walk less than 20m before my angina started (which incidentally takes me about a minute).

I mentioned the back pain in relation to some activities but my main claim was that I needed supervision because of memory problems and angina and could not do others because of heart disease. Her argument was that I had no memory problems (despite doing no tests, and I guess from her training as a paramedic), and because I actually sprayed the GTN under my tongue it was no a problem!.

Sorry to go on but, I have had my Motability car for getting on towards a quarter of a century, and the prospect of being without it (getting to hospital/doctors, visiting my mother, etc.) fill me with dread. Had I been told that life did not mean life I would used my DLA to buy a car (an option under Motability when I started) father than leasing. But that is by the by now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
6 years 2 months ago #207746 by Chrissiefeeny
Replied by Chrissiefeeny on topic PIP form different to guides?
Hi Bruce... As Gordon pointed out, lower DLa is care £22. Whereas standard daily care on PIP is over £50,so it is not the same amount at all.
Also, even if she reckons you can walk up to 50 metres and you have points for the going out section,you will still make the higer Mobility component.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.