× Members

night time dla component

More
6 years 2 months ago #209859 by Jasondm
night time dla component was created by Jasondm
The dwp refused night time component saying
"there is no evidence of any medical input about sleep disturbance there is no medication or evidence of any other clinically suggested strategies to help your son sleep"

here the dm from dwp is assuming that because i included a cams mental health handover letter, in the mandatory reconsideration (which is from his current therapist to a new therapist ,because she is leaving) and the letter was only saying what had been done and covered and was not a full report including every aspect of my sons symptoms and problems.
and because my son has not taken medication for his conditions he does not qualify for the night time care. to which we have said he needs frequent repeat attention at night.
are they just picking out any positive comments and not taking into consideration the BUT ANSWERS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #209860 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic night time dla component
Jason

From your previous posts he was receiving the Lower rate of Care, what has changed since then in regard his sleeping?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #210046 by Jasondm
Replied by Jasondm on topic night time dla component
Nothing i have told them this for the grounds for appeal regarding night time

Night time
***** often needs help at night and needs someone to be awake to watch over him at night he has nightmares night terrors flashbacks and sleepwalking which is dangerous as a result of his condition;
He also talks in his sleep and get distressed and grinds his teeth. He has trouble getting to sleep at night time and is often awake when we have gone to bed. **** needs encouragement, and prompting to get into ,bed and go to sleep. this will be for at least 20 minutes a night at least twice a night this is often done to settle him.

**** often awakes in distress during the night, this means that you go and check on him repeatedly to listen out for signs of distress during the night; when he does wake up a hot drink is given and time spent with him to settle during the night. **** does not like to touch the kettle and because of his anxiety he thinks he may get burnt doing so. Without this help **** would get emotionally distressed and would not sleep properly

**** needs are different from those of other children of the same age.
other children of the same age get through the night with no help at all without becoming distressed and with supervision at all.

More
6 years 2 months ago #210051 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic night time dla component
Jason

DLA Lower rate care takes no consideration of the claimants problems over night, that's why I asked if anything has changed.

Thre problems you describe might be suffered by a child of lesser age just as part of them growing up, I think you may need to qualify that your son is now 15 and these are not normal for someone of their age. Try and see if you can find and research into sleep problems in children that you can refer to.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.