× Members

trans from inc ben to reeceive esa sa

More
6 years 2 months ago #209962 by capainFAIRY
trans from inc ben to reeceive esa sa was created by capainFAIRY
I was transferred from Incaacity Benefits to ESA when that benefit was first introduced. I have been notified that as I have just turned 60 I am due to receive a pension lump sum and a very small annual pension. Who do I legally have to legally tell DWP?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #210010 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic trans from inc ben to reeceive esa sa

capainFAIRY wrote: I was transferred from Incaacity Benefits to ESA when that benefit was first introduced. I have been notified that as I have just turned 60 I am due to receive a pension lump sum and a very small annual pension. Who do I legally have to legally tell DWP?

Yes, you need to tell the DWP about this pension.

If you are only receiving Contribution Based ESA then the lump sum will not effect your ESA(CB), if you have any ESA(IR) being paid then the savings and assets rule applies.

Asset and savings rule for ESA(IR)

Any regular payment of your pension will deducted from any ESA(IR) £ for £, then any it will be deducted from your ESA(CB), there is a £85/week disregard and then there is £1 deduction from your ESA(CB) for every £2s of pension in excess.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.